9.28.2008

No more babies...

Did the cryoablation Wednesday. No more babies for us. Sad, but needed. How will we ever put all of our kids through school and college if we keep having them? I truly wish I could foster special needs kids.
Levi and Vivian's journey has shown me to appreciate so much, and find beauty in some things i never found beautiful before. Hard on a marriage? Yeah sure. How does a coupe bury a baby, and care for special needs kids without it having some affect on the relationship? Kids affect life anyway, of course the life that we have had in the last 5 years has affected us. There is just a new normal to learn. Hopefully we learn it soon...
Levi is showing extreme sensitivities to feeling. A scratch is almost unbareable. He will feel it for days, ask about it, ask why it's not healing. Something, I guess, to ask his Occupational Therapist about. (he seems to really have clicked with Meihka and Joanna his new P/T and O/T by the way) I still feel like the power pumper would benefit him, his core could definitely us the workout, and from what I've seen/read/heard it can help with his sensory needs also. I am at the point of brushing and joint compressions in the morning and at night, which seems to help, along with lots of rocking and movement. wonder how much a weighted blanket or vest could help. I'm a bit worried about the problems JoAnna talked with Eric about with Levi's midline focus... It seems that the brain bleed really could be the cause of this, as well as his problems with balance and focus...
I got the notice that it is time to see the development ped at Emanuel, so I'll ask them.
Vivian is so stubborn. I want to break the tendancy to cry if she doesn't get her way, or doesn't like what's happening. What better way to alienate classmates on down the road?
I keep thinking about Levi answering "the question". I remember holding my breath. It was like... I don't know. I've wondered for almost 5 years. ..."how do they want to look at this?...How will they feel about telling people their story?" So many times I have wondered THEIR answer to the question would be. He was so cute. "No, we're surviving triplets." with this look on his face as if to say, what else?!

One for the books...

No comments: