5.11.2011

Mothers Day - bittersweet always when one is missing...

Levi made the coolest card - opens up to be a duck!! Vivian made all sorts of pictures and cards for me, and both the little one's made crowns for Momma to wear!!!


Mothers Day. I love my kids. I want to spend every moment with them that I can. I miss them every moment that I am at work. I am so lucky to be the mother of 5 wonderfully amazing kids... But I would give anything DAILY to be able to hold one of those five kids... Momma loves you little Eric...

So - for mothers day, I want to share with you a sampling of my children's own words...

4AM Sunday morning: Levi rolls over because he had strategically placed himself (and Vivian) in my bed during the night, "ohhhh, Mom! Happy mothers day, I have to poop bad!". I love my random Levi in the mornings! The next two hours were spent giggling and snuggling in front of the tv until his tummy settled...

10 AM on the way to pick Megan up from her friend Megan's house: Vivian was a little upset that Daddy hadn't let her go with him to pick out the flowers for the front porch. I convinced her that it was okay, that the flowers she drew on my card meant more than anything!


Card my nephew Junior sent me for Mothers Day... Thanks Junior!!!

My Megan - (what is it with the girls??) She was upset also, that she had asked Eric to take her to the store to get me something and he didn't want to go to the store again. So - I reminded her about what items I squirrel away in my bottom drawer... The one's that they MAKE for me. The one's made from heir love...

My Matt... He's working now. He's happy to be working,but it means I see him less now. He calls me on his way to work "sorry mom, I just realized that I hadn't said Happy Mothers Day yet." That's okay... to hear those from my almost 20-year-old son is enough. Doesn't matter if they're said at 4AM or 2PM...








My husband - I am proud to have the privilege of being the mother to three of his children. Like I have said, my kids are amazing. Eric isn't the gift type, hasn't been for the last 7 years. I guess the way he looks at it I'm not HIS mother, so Mothers Day is just another day... But no matter - I am the luckiest lady alive to have these great kids.

My mom, my sister, my sister in law and my friends wished me a Happy Mothers Day, and thank you all - I did enjoy Mothers Day - But next year I think I will enjoy it out of town with my kids. Some time away would be so nice!!!


And as always - Missing you Little Eric -one day you will be in my arms again and not just in my heart. Thank you for letting me be your Mommy!!
Erika
© erikalandon 2010

No comments: