5.10.2009

Babies. I hear myself call them that every day... And I usually think to myself, "how long will I call them that?" As I walked around straightening the house today I walked past their shared room. And it hit me.

You see, last weekend we got their bunkbed set out of the attic and put twin bunkbeds in their room. Vivian, true to form said "I get to sleep on the top!!" Levi was happy to let her. I did tell him that if he were to start sleeping through the night they could trade...

It hits me. Babies. From 3 babies to 2. From wondering if they would follow Eric to heaven to wondering when we would finally get to take them home. From wondering if Vivian would ever be able to talk to worrying about Levi. From daily stroller walks and endless floor time to a trike and a bike. From cribs to toddler beds.

Holy crap!!! My babies are in big kid beds. They get their own snacks and they argue their point. They choose their clothing and they tell me their likes and dislikes. They write letters and ask what words say.

I still call them babies. They even ask me why. They're my last babies. I want to soak in and cherish every moment of their life. I want to never let go of them. I don't want them to grow up...

They ARE my babies...

No comments: