3.14.2010

sick, sick, sick...

All of the kids have been fighting sickness for the last month. It's such a new experience for me with the little one's.
Matt handles his own pretty well, although when he moved back in last week he was feeling so crappy that Megan and I ended up carrying his furniture upstairs for him...
Megan acts like it's the end of the world, but then come morning time she's ready to try to go to school in a tank top in 40 degree weather. UGH!
Vivian, oh my Vivan... (levi's pet name for her) This girl we were so worried about. This girl that we couldn't take home until we showed the hospital that we had nursing care for her; the one that we thought would always have comprimised breathing ability; the one we thought would never talk. We were so worried for so long... So she get's the same sickness as all the other kids, and hers is the mildest, the easiest to overcome, and affects her the least.
And then my little Levi. He's still lying on the couch fighting a fever. Poor guy. He had a fever off and on night before last, but last night it just stayed. Funny thing is, he's less work at night when he has a fever, LOL! Friday night he got up about 1am and wanted to do homework, stayed up for about 3 hours and then went back down, and last night he awoke about 2 am and has been up since, but he's happy. Normal nights he wakes up crying from leg pains, and crying because he itches, but these 'off' nights he just asks to be scratched, but not too much 'cause his skin hurts, and he just wants love.
I took Megan and Levi to the doc on Thursday and doc said there's nothing they can do, let it run it's course; but it's an awful long course with our housefull of kids!
Looks like Levi will be spending the day on the couch, poor little guy. *crossing my fingers* that this fever breaks today and we're good to go tomorrow... Today Trina came over to save the day, she sat with Levi while the girls and I went grocery shopping. It was awesome to have someone to watch him so I could get that done. Fever's back up, so it looks like I may not be working tomorrow...

Vivian is bored out of her mind, wanting her brother to play with her, but she spent some time practicing writing: and it was great to see one of her notes to Levi... she is usually less loving towards her siblings, and I've been talking to her about how important family is, and how she has to act like she loves her loved one's, that it's not ok to hurt her siblings' feelings... so to see this note, I was so happy...


They're taught to spell words they don't know how to spell as they think they would be spelled, and Vivian still says some of her sounds wrong, so it reads " I love my Levi for ever" When he woke up and read that, the look on his face and the following off-the-ground-bear-hug he gave his sister were pricless!!

Here's to all the kids being well soon!!




© erikalandon2010

1 comment:

Trina said...

Hey-- I left my picture that Vivian made for me :(