2.13.2011

Introducing the NEW Vivian!

Vivian has been asking for about 3 weeks to have her haircut. I have been putting it off, and putting it off. You see, she has spent the last 4 years (the length of time that she has been able to talk) telling me she WILL NOT let anyone cut her hair...

Oh-Oh, almost forgot: Tomorrow, Valentines Day 2011 is 4 years since the day we took Vivian to the hospital to remove her trach!!! Happy trach-a-versary baby girl!!

Anyways, back to today - So, I wanted to be sure she REALLY wanted it cut. Today was the day... She really did want it cut, so off we went to Lil' Snippers here in Vancouver. She was excited, and when we arrived and Levi saw the shop, so was he! Lil' Snippers is so much like the shop in Ohio that we had their first haircuts done at, and so much fun for the kids!

Vivian before:
She sat perfectly still. She was pretty patient, but she was also focused on Toy Story playing on the screen in front of her, LOL!
And... my little girl donated over 10inches of hair to Locks Of Love! I asked her about it this morning, and her first question was "Why do kids get cancer?" We talked about the Locks Of Love organization, and she decided that was what she was going to do with her haircut...


Isn't the "NEW" Vivian adorable?






Erika
© erikalandon 2010

4 comments:

Diplo_Daddy said...

What an incredible idea for a kid’s haircut shop! My little boy use to hate going to the barber shop, but now he loves it. We’ve frequented the same place for over 3.5 years. The old guys know him and he’s quite comfortable with them, almost like a grandchild to the older guys.

Unknown said...

It was a ton of fun for her, and Levi, the one who really doesn't like haircuts much, asked to go there when it's time for his next cut...

I love the idea, though of an old time barber shop, I can just imagine the things your son is soaking in from their experiences, something we can't teach!!

Trying . . . in Pittsburgh said...

Vivian looks adorable! You can really see how beautiful the color is now that it's shorter.

And I love that she's donating her hair - I've donated twice these past few years, and it feels great!

Unknown said...

Trying - Thanks! She has beautiful reddish hair, and I think she'll like this cut better!

I, too, love that she donated it, and it was a great opportunity for her to learn about helping others!