11.30.2009

I do NOT like the Fall...

I've been meaning to write an update. I have a ton of pictures that i'm sure Dad would like to see, and even just silly stories about Thanksgiving.

But Fall is not my best time of year. I love driving truck in the Spring, as all the new growth is blooming and all the colors come alive. But as I drive in the fall it is as though I see a reminder that all things die.

Yeah. I know. It's a fact of life. Everything has a cycle. But I don't have to like it.

Little Eric passed in the Fall. We found out Eric's dad was sick in the fall and he passed just a few short months after. And this year the kids' Great Grandma passed away...

But the days from Eric's anniversary up to now have had my mind occupied with a new sadness...

This year, my heart goes out to my best friend. Her dad passed away this weekend. She has always been my biggest supporter through my grieving after losing Eric. She is the one that understands. The one that remembers dates and the little things. But I never wanted her to understand to this degree what I felt.

When the kids and I were in Pennsylvania last year we got to meet her Dad and spend a day with him at the fair. He is one of the most caring men I have ever met. And through knowing him, through Katie, he was a part of my life. And such a special person. My kids liked him immediately, as did I.

Katie: I am so sorry. I wish I could take all of the pain away from you. We miss your dad too. His memory lives on in many people.

And my thought for the night: Live every day as it is your last. Cherish every moment with your loved ones. Be thankful for the little things. Take care of those that are important to you, and take care of you.

No comments: