12.31.2009

Happy New Year!!!

As we begin yet another New Year I find myself thinking of things past and at the same time teaching a couple 6 year olds what "New Years" means...

As I look back, most significantly I see New Years 2004 in my mind...


We had buried our son almost 2 months shy of the New Year. He never lived through his first Thanksgiving, never saw his first Christmas...

But the New Year was beginning. We were moving into our new house and preparing for our survivors to come home. The only days (except for right after Eric's funeral) that I missed going to the NICU to sit with the babies was over the New Year as we moved our belongings in the coldest winter we had seen in decades, and Levi at the time (sorry little man) was finally big enough to be circumcised in preparation for going home.

January 2004:






And... as 2010 begins... How far they've come!! ...



I'm totally looking forward to a new year with my kids, to new beginnings, new experiences, new chances...


© erikalandon2009

No comments: