1.05.2010

Strollers...

Multiples...and More! posted a question last week that got me thinking...

Strollers. As a singleton mom I had a stroller I liked bwith Matt, but when Megan came along 3 years later it wasn't as important, I did have a double that I'd use once in a while;
But when I found out I was expecting triplets the stroller became the most obsessed about thought... I knew that Eric would be at work 5-6 days a week, and that I'd become a SAHM, and that meant transporting more children on a daily basis than I would be able to just carry in and out of doctors appoinments and other daily trips. (I knew I wanted to be able to get out of the house often, I am NOT a homebody, I go a little nuts being cooped up)
My heart was set on the Inglesina Domino Triple. It has the best options, would be the most comfortable for the babies, and looked awesome. Italian made quality, options for use as a single, triple or double; it, to me, was the most logical choice.

So When the Multiples Blog asked for strfoller reviews, I began to look back at our strollers... Yes, we had a few...

At my baby shower I was given an envelope of money that had been collected from mine and Eric's co-workers at Parr. The shower was planned for 26 weeks (after viability of the babies, but it was supposed to be BEFORE the babies were born) It turned out to be three days after they arrived since they came so early. I was so amazed that everyone had chipped in like that to get us our stroller...
Then when Eric passed we thought we didn't need such a nice stroller, that we'd go with the lesser expensive mainstream model.


This was the babies' first stroller.


We quickly learned why this one was inexpensive for a reason. The front seat turned around but would not lay flat, so even though it held both carseats it was meant for one baby and an older child...

So, we used the money that we got at the baby shower and bought the babies' Inglesina:

It was much higher, easier to get to Vivian with her Trach care needs, had three seats (since I babysat a little boy that was the same age as the babies that worked out great,)

But I was running and *trying* to get to where I could run a half-marathon... so we needed a jogger too. The best choice for me as a serious runner was the  Berg Runabout . I loved, loved, loved this one! It wasn;t as Cooshy for the kids, but they were comfortable for an hour or so while I ran:


So, a short trip through our strollers: the single stroller we took to disneyland (which I regreted since it really sucked to push two single strollers alone while everyone else ran around and rode rides (LOL):


and the last one we bought: a Peg Perego SW twin model, bought in preparation for surgery, the last one, when both babies had surgery on the same day; Vivian to close her stoma and Levi to remove tonsils and adenoids:



Now, we're down to a Bike Trailer so I can ride my bike while the kids tag along, and a Kettler tandem trike for zoo trips and even the mall...

I wish someone would make a great Jogging stroller that my 6 year olds could fit in. I'd love to run again, but their legs are too long for the stroller...

Go to multiplesandmore; check out their blog... they're doing Stroller reviews as well as other fun stuff!


© erikalandon2009

No comments: